October 7, 2023
OUR FIRST ANNUAL REDFISH RODEO WILL BE HELD AT OUR COMMERCIAL REDFISH FARM IN PALACIOS TEXAS; PROCEEDS SHALL BENEFIT:
THE GIVING HOPE FOUNDATION, ST. ANTHONY CHURCH AND TEXAS AQUACULTURE ASSOCIATION
October 7, 2023
- The rodeo Starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Final Call Weigh At 3:00 p.m.
$5,000 Cash Prizes
$250 Entry Fee
(1st-2nd-3rd Place Prizes)
- $10 Admission Fee for General
- Public Parking & Hayride Drops
- Farm Hayride Tours
5100 FM 3280 Palacios, TX
- Qualified anglers that are 18 years of age and above may enter. (Must present a valid ID for age verification)
- There are no teams. There will be one entrance fee per person. Each entry fee allows for 5 fish per entrant to reach the 5 fish average.
- Qualifying fish are the 5 largest fish caught in combined weight.
- The highest combined five fish weight will win first, second, and third place prizes. Extra fish may be purchased prior to the event to allow for a larger weighted spread of the top five. For example, five come with an entry fee, but anglers may purchase fish to increase the weighted average.
- Each additional fish is $20.00. Only 5 fish can be submitted for the final weigh-in.
- Anglers may keep all the fish to take home but must get a ticket invoice at the weigh-in before leaving the property.
- Anglers must be present at the time of the winner’s announcement to win. The announcement will be at 5 pm.
- All of the fish caught for the event must be caught within the Gulf States Aquaculture ponds on the property.
- No public fishing during the event is allowed.
NOTE: Any angler caught adding weight to fish is automatically disqualified.
Seafood Gumbo $5
Smoked Redfish $10
Live MC Onsite
Professional Bull Rider
First Place: $2,500
Second Place: $1,500
Third Place: $1,000
- Random hats announced to anglers
- Random fishing shirts for anglers
- The winner must be present to receive a check at the 5:00 p.m. announcement
There will be a kid’s inflatable, youth rodeo—no cost – Transportation to and from ponds will be provided by
Our staff for safety purposes.